Amar Latif is a blind, world traveller, TV actor and director, entrepreneur and public speaker with a broad international perspective and an inspirational story to tell. His multi-faceted career, entrepreneurial achievements and international television profile have all been built against a background dominated by teenage onset of blindness due to the incurable eye condition 'Retinitis Pigmentosa'. By the age of 20 this had resulted in 95% sight loss.
The Outstanding Young Person of the World, Business and Entrepreneurial category (T.O.Y.P. award), presented by the Chamber of Commerce International (JCI). Previous fellow T.O.Y.P. awardees have included Presidents John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton, actors Orson Welles and Christopher Reeve, and Easyjet entrepreneur Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou.
- Charismatic motivational / inspirational public speaker.
- Director of documentary films, including work for the U.K.'s Channel 4 TV.
- Seen by millions worldwide on the BBC2 / Discovery Channel TV series, "Beyond Boundaries" (Series 1), a ground breaking endurance expedition across Central American jungles.
- Founder and director of 'Traveleyes' the world's first commercial air tour operator specifically dedicated to serving blind as well as sighted travellers.
- TV actor and director.
- International speaker and advisor on Inclusive Design.
- Trustee of the UK charity Guide Dogs.
- Charity fundraiser.
- Musical performer.
- Former Head of finance divisions for major international corporations.
|Winner of The Outstanding Young Person of the World (T.O.Y.P. award), Business Entrepreneurial category, Chamber of Commerce International (JCI)|
|Winner of the inaugural Stelios Disabled Entrepreneur Award in conjunction with Leonard Cheshire Disability|
|Lifetime Achievement Award, The Institute of Directors|