Amar is a dynamic, blind, world traveller, TV actor and director, entrepreneur and public speaker with a unique personal magnetism and a broad, international perspective. He has an astonishing and inspirational story to tell. His multi-faceted career, entrepreneurial achievements and international television profile have all been built against a background dominated by teenage onset of blindness due to the incurable eye condition 'Retinitis Pigmentosa'. By the age of 20 this had resulted in 95% sight loss.
Outstanding Young Business Entrepreneur of the World, awarded by the Chamber of Commerce International (JCI) T.O.Y.P. (The Outstanding Young Person) award. Previous fellow awardees have included Presidents John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton, actors Orson Welles and Christopher Reeve, and Easyjet entrepreneur Stelios Haji-Iannou.
- Charismatic motivational / inspirational, international public speaker.
- Director of Documentary Films, including work for Channel 4 TV.
- Seen by millions worldwide on the BBC2 four-part TV series, "Beyond Boundaries" (Series 1), a ground breaking endurance expedition across the Central American jungles. (Series shown worldwide).
- Founder and director of 'Traveleyes' the world's first international air tour operator specifically dedicated to serving blind as well as sighted travellers.
- TV and Theatrical actor, musical performer and charity fund raiser.
- Former Head of finance divisions for major International corporations, with financial responsibility for business deals in the multi millions.
- International speaker/advisor on Inclusive Design.
|"Winner of Outstanding Young Business Entrepreneur Of The World Award, by The Chamber of Commerce International (JCI)"|
|"Winner of the inaugural Stelios Disabled Entrepreneur Award in conjunction with Leonard Cheshire Disability"|
|"Lifetime Achievement Award, The Institute of Directors"|